Discover the romance of Amsterdam’s iconic canal district on an intimate small boat tour. Experience the completely private original 90-minute trip!
Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam - Group Tour
- Adult 16+
- Teenager 13-16
- Child 5-12
- Infant 0-4
- custom prices will apply for Saturdays and Dec 24, 25, 26 and Jan 1
- Adult 16+
- Adult 13-16
- Child 5-12
- Infant 0-4
During the short days and long dark nights in Winter, Amsterdam becomes a place of Magic and Wonder. Over 20 Light Art Works will be shown in and around the city’s Canals.
Imagine yourself: A warm glass of gluhwein in your hands, the sound of water lapping softly against the sides of the boat as we drift beneath Amsterdam’s iconic bridges, Magical Artworks and past its magnificent 17th-century canal houses.
On board this amazingly comfortable and quiet electric boat, you’ll have heated seats, gluhwein (mulled wine), a panoramic view of the city, and a front-row seat to these wonderful art exhibitions. Especially, as onboard you can go up close and even through these pieces!
For the last five years, we have been closely involved with this festival. Some of us know these artists personally! We’ll discuss the artist’s inspiration, what moves them, and what they want to express through their work. We’ll share ideas, insights, and opinions and hopefully, we’ll all leave more inspired, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about art and what it can offer us. So, join us, and let us show you the city, her canals, the light festival, and why we are so passionate about art.
Besides all the Light Artworks we also visit some of the main highlights that Amsterdam offers in the Evening. Like the Seven Bridges, The Unesco World Heritage Canal gordel, and some of the most beautiful scenes at night.
Highlights of the Light Festival Group Tour in Amsterdam
- Over 20 Light Artworks
Experience 20 of the art installations.
- Seven Bridges
See the famous seven bridges and a unique view of the city.
- See the artworks from up close
See the Light Sculptures in on and around the Canals and if we are lucky we sail through the Sculptures.
- Golden Gordel
Discover where the rich merchants lived in the past
- Small Group
only 8 people per group on a small boat.
- World Heritage Site
See some of the stunning canals that are declared a World Heritage by Unesco.
- Guided by an art lover
Your skipper/guide is an art enthusiast.
- Only for 7 weeks
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy this unique festival only to be seen for 53 days during the winter.
- Heated Seats.
The boat has heated seats which will keep you warm even in the coldest weather.
Inclusions on the Light Festival Tour Amsterdam
- Your skilled captain is also your guide, with specific knowledge of the Light Festival
- This is a group experience. The tour is intended for groups of between 4 and 10 guests.
- A selection of traditional snacks including Local cheese and winter sweets. Dutch Waffles with caramel syrup (Stroopwafels), Dutch Cookies – and a surprise delicacy.
- Enjoy a cup of warm Glühwein (Mulled wine). Heated red wine with a mix of spices to warm your heart and body.
- A selection of winter teas. To warm you from the inside out.
- With a roof and windows, our quiet electric boat offers protection from the winter weather.
- The cozy atmosphere is completed with blankets and heated seats, so we can keep you warm and comfortable at any time.
Details of the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
- Duration: 75 min.
- Language: English (Private tour is also possible in Spanisch and Dutch)
- Meeting point: Herengracht 124 in front of Spaces. Look out for a small white boat with a blue top.
- Time slots: Evenings, between 17:00 and 23:00 . From the 30th of November 2023 until the 21st of January 2024. If your desired date is not available on the online calendar contact us directly. Often we have more availability then shown.
- Price per person: from €245,- including 2 guests. 20 euro extra per person when more than 2.
- Capacity: Fully private between 4 and 10 people on the tour.
- Minimum of 4 guests.
- You will share this experience with other guests, we have space for 10 guests. Expect to be sitting close together. We choose this to offer a personal and intimate experience.
- Everyone is welcome to join the tour.
- This tour has a minimum of 4 guests. If less than 4 people have booked we will contact you to offer another time or to refund you. If we sail with less than 4 people it is financially impossible to sail.
Do you still have questions? Click here to see our FAQ or to contact us directly.