Discover the romance of Amsterdam’s iconic canal district on an intimate small boat tour. Experience the completely private original 90-minute trip!
Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam - Private Cruise
- Per Couple weekend/holiday pricing may differ
- Additional Person up to 8
Imagine yourself sailing on Amsterdam’s canals through the historic center onboard a private boat tour. You see the iconic canal houses and arched bridges. You hear the calming sound of the rippling water against the side of the boat and together with your lover you are witnessing over 20 light artworks from up close.
During this winter night, there is more excitement in Amsterdam’s center than you might expect. For a brief time during the winter season, the breathtaking landscape of the historic city center is transformed by 20 light installations scattered across the canals just waiting to be discovered. Will you explore them with us?
This private tour on Amsterdam’s canals will give you a front-row seat to the 10th annual Light Festival. Enjoy it from the comfort of a quiet, electrically heated boat. Many of the art installations are specifically designed to be best viewed directly on the water. The anniversary edition in 2021 is the most varied yet, bringing back the most memorable sculptures featured in previous years.
This boat cruise aims to not only show you the light installations of the festival but help bridge the gap between you and the art itself. The background of the pieces will be presented to you featuring unique insights only available to Romantic Tour Amsterdam. Your guides have a background in art and have had personal contact with several of the artists featured in the past 5 years. Appreciate the unique light spectacle in the best way possible and gain an insider’s perspective on the message intended by the authors of the pieces.
Enjoy this private experience with your special someone or in a group of up to 8 people.
Highlights of the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
- 20 of the light statue
- Experience 20 of the art installations directly from the canals.
- Get as close as possible to the art
- Sail on a small boat, allowing you to get right next to the light sculptures.
- Best views possible
- Get a front-row seat to the sculptures designed to be seen from the water.
- Private atmosphere
- Enjoy this tour with your lover or a small group of friends.
- Guided by an artist
- Your captain is not only a guide but an artist himself.
- Unique insights right from the source.
- We’ve had personal contact with some of the artists featured over the years. Hear the stories only we know!
- Only to be seen for 7 weeks
- Don’t miss the chance to enjoy this unique festival available for a limited time.
Inclusions on the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
- Your skilled captain is also your guide, with specific knowledge of the Light Festival, and is an artist himself.
- This is a private experience. The tour is intended for between 1 and 8 guests.
- A selection of traditional snacks including cheese and winter sweets. Dutch Waffles with caramel syrup (Stroopwafels), Dutch Cookies – and a surprise delicacy.
- Enjoy a cup of warm Glühwein (Mulled wine). Heated red wine with a spice mix to warm your heart and body.
- A selection of winter teas. To warm you from the inside out.
- With a roof and windows, our quiet electric boat offers protection from the winter weather.
- The cozy atmosphere is complete with blankets and heated seats, so we can keep you warm and comfortable at any time.
Expand your Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam with the following extras:
- Bouquet of 11 red roses: €30,-
- A big bottle of Prosecco 750ml: €19,-
- Bouché Père et Fils – Cuvée Réservée Brut 375ml : €35,-
- Veuve Clicquot Brut 375ml: €45,-
- Polaroid picture: €4,-
Details of the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
Duration: 75 min.
Language: English (for Spanish or Dutch on certain days – please contact us in advance)
Meeting point: Kloveniersburgwal 68, 1012 CM Amsterdam, Netherlands. Look out for a small white boat with a blue top.
Time slots: Evenings, between 2nd of December 2021 and 23rd of January 2022. If your desired date is not available on the online calendar contact us directly.
Price per group: from €198,- for 2 guests. 10 euro extra per person when more than 2.
Capacity: Fully private between 1 and 8 people on the tour in accordance with the latest coronavirus measures.
Completely Safe during Corona
The Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam is completely safe during the Corona (Covid-19) pandemic. We have taken the following measures for maximum safety during the Corona (Covid-19) pandemic:
- The skipper always keeps a minimum distance of 1.5m
- Disinfectant gel and masks are available onboard.
- The boat is disinfected before each private light canal tour.
- We fully adhere to the guidelines of the RIVM.
Do you still have questions? Click here to see our FAQ or to contact us directly.