Duration: 75 minutes
What’s included: Dutch delicacies, warm Gluwein (mulled wine), winter teas
Starting point: Keizersgracht 179
Every day between the 2nd of December to the 23th of January.
17:00, 18:30, 20:00, 21:30
- Per Couple weekend/holiday pricing may differ
- Additional Person up to 8
Due to Covid 19 we can not offer this tour, but reach out to us for a private tour by phone or email
A Place of Magic and Wonder
During the short days and long dark nights in Winter, Amsterdam becomes a place of Magic and Wonder. Over 25 Light Art Works will be shown in and around the city’s Canals. Imagine yourself: a warm glass of gluhwein in your hands, the sound of water lapping softly against the sides of the boat as we drift beneath Amsterdam’s iconic bridges, Magical Artworks and past its magnificent 17th-century canal houses.
On board this amazingly comfortable and quiet electric boat, you’ll have heated seats, gluhwein (mulled wine), a panoramic view of the city and a front row seat to these wonderful art exhibitions. Especially, as onboard you can go up close and even through these pieces!
For the last five years I’ve been closely involved with this festival. I know some of these artists personally! We’ll discuss the artist’s inspiration, what moves them, and what they wanted to express through their work. We’ll share ideas, insights and opinions and hopefully we’ll all leave more inspired, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about art and what it can offer us. So, join me and let me show you the city, her canals, the light festival and why I am so passionate about art.
Besides all the Light Artworks we also visit some of the main highlights that Amsterdam offers in the evening. For example, the Seven bridges, The Unesco world heritage Canal gordel and some of the most beautiful scenes at night.
- 25 Light Artworks only to be seen for 53 days during the winter
- The famous seven bridges, a unique view in the city
- Discover the Golden Gordel where the rich merchants lived in the past
- Sail under the iconic Skinny Bridge on the river Amstel
- See some of the Stunning Canals that are Declared a World Heritage by Unesco
- See the Light Sculptures in on and around the Canals and if we are lucky to sail through the Sculptures
Expert Local tour guide and skipper
- 3 different typical dutch sweet delicacies – Caramel Dutch Waffels (Stroopwafels) – Dutch Cookies – a surprise dutch delicacy
- Warm Gluwein (Mulled wine). Red wine with winter herbs to warm you from the inside out.
- A selection of Winter Teas that keep you warm
- A small electric boat: with roof and windows
- Blankets and heated seats, so we can keep you warm and comfortable at any time
You will share this experience with other guests, we have space for 10 guests. Expect to be sitting close together. We choose this to offer a personal and intimate experience. Everyone above 14 years is welcome to join the tour.
Are you looking for a more private experience: this Canal tour is also available as a private tour: contact us for possibilities.