Discover the romance of Amsterdam’s iconic canal district on an intimate small boat tour. Experience the completely private original 90-minute trip!
Romantic Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam - Private Cruise
- Per Couple weekend/holiday pricing may differ
- Additional Person up to 8
Light Festival boat tour in Amsterdam
Imagine yourself with your lover sailing on Amsterdam’s canals through the historic center onboard a private boat tour. You see the iconic canal houses and arched bridges. You hear the calming sound of the rippling water against the side of the boat and together with your lover you are witnessing over 20 light artworks from up close.
During this winter night, there is more excitement in Amsterdam’s center than you might expect. For a brief time during the winter season, the breathtaking landscape of the historic city center is transformed by over 20 light installations scattered across the canals just waiting to be discovered. Will you explore them with us?
This private canal tour on Amsterdam’s canals will give you a front-row seat to the 12th annual Light Festival. Enjoy it from the comfort of a quiet, electrically heated boat. Many of the art installations are specifically designed to be best viewed directly on the water. The theme this year is AI (Artificial Intelligence), All artists were asked to create an artwork around the idea of AI.
This boat cruise aims to not only show you the light installations of the festival but help bridge the gap between you and the art itself. The background of the pieces will be presented to you featuring unique insights. Your guides have a passion for art and some had personal contact with some of the artists featured in the past 5 years. Appreciate the unique light spectacle in the best way possible and gain an insider’s perspective on the message intended by the authors of the pieces.
Enjoy this private experience with your special someone or in a group of up to 10 people. Ideal for a Romantic date night out.
Highlights of the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
- Over 20 of the light statues
Experience 20 of the art installations directly from the canals.
- Get as close as possible to the art
Sail on a small boat, allowing you to get right next to the light sculptures.
- Best views possible
Get a front-row seat to the sculptures designed to be seen from the water.
- Private atmosphere
Enjoy this tour with your lover or a small group of friends.
- Guided by an art lover
Your captain is your guide and a lover of Art.
- Unique insights right from the source.
We’ve had personal contact with some of the artists featured over the years. Hear the stories only we know!
- Only to be seen for 7 weeks
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy this unique festival available for a limited time.
Inclusions on the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
- Your skilled captain is also your guide, with specific knowledge of the Light Festival
- This is a private experience. The tour is intended for couples or groups between 1 and 8 guests.
- A selection of traditional snacks including Local cheese and winter sweets. Dutch Waffles with caramel syrup (Stroopwafels), Dutch Cookies – and a surprise delicacy.
- Enjoy a cup of warm Glühwein (Mulled wine). Heated red wine with a spice mix to warm your heart and body.
- A selection of winter teas. To warm you from the inside out.
- With a roof and windows, our quiet electric boat offers protection from the winter weather.
- The cozy atmosphere is completed with blankets and heated seats, so we can keep you warm and comfortable at any time.
Expand your Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam with the following extras:
- Bouquet of 11 red roses: €35,-
- A big bottle of Prosecco: €19,-
- 750ml Champagne Boucche Pere Et Fils – Cuvee Reservee brut: €49,- (a small bottle is also possible)
- 750ml Champagne Veuve Cliquot Brut: €79,- (a small bottle is also possible)
- 10 Polaroid pictures: €35,- (per polaroid is €4,- )
Details of the Light Festival Boat Tour in Amsterdam
Duration: 75 min.
Language: English (for Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese and Polish only on certain days – please contact us in advance)
Meeting point: Herengracht 124 in front of Spaces. Look out for a small white boat with a blue top.
Time slots: Evenings, between 17:00 and 23:00 . From the 30th of November 2022 until the 21st of January 2023. If your desired date is not available on the online calendar contact us directly. OFten we have more availabilty then shown.
Price per group: from €235,- including 2 guests. 15 euro extra per person when more than 2.
Capacity: Fully private between 1 and 10 people on the tour.
Do you still have questions? Click here to see our FAQ or to contact us directly.