Discover the romance of Amsterdam’s iconic canal district on an intimate small boat tour. Experience the completely private original 90-minute trip!
Romantic Night Canal Cruise Amsterdam
- Per Couple
Experience the Magic of Amsterdam at night on a private boat.
Romantic Night Canal Cruise Amsterdam
From the 1st of December to the 22nd of January we offer a Romantic Light festival boat tour instead. Scroll to the bottom for more info.
When the sun has set thousands of lights are turned on, the gorgeous merchant houses twinkle in darkness, the lights glitter on the world-famous canals, and the city comes alive with nocturnal activity. This gives way to a moment of wonder and romance making it a truly magical place.
On this Amsterdam night canal tour, we will take you on a cruise through this intimate landscape. Picture yourself in Amsterdam when the night has fallen. All the bridges light up and you and your loved one sit closely together with a glistening glass of prosecco in your hand aboard a cozy heated boat.
On our small, comfortable, and quiet electric boat you will feel like you are the only ones cruising the Amsterdam canals. Nestle under warm blankets and drift past the impressive 17th-century canal houses, underneath the famous Amsterdam bridges, and see how the locals live in their houseboats.
While you listen to the sound of the rippling water, your private captain and guide shares heartwarming stories. You connect with long-forgotten Amsterdam legends and tales of love and learn fascinating details about the streets and architecture of this unique city. Often accompanied by a selected song that makes the experience complete. We promise, after your evening canal cruise, we will leave you and your partner set for a cozy night together. And yes, cruising the Amsterdam canals at night is as romantic as it sounds.
Highlights of the Romantic Night Canal Cruise Amsterdam
- Thousands of Lights
After sunset, thousands of lights are turned on reflecting in the canals.
- Romantic Stories
Listen to a special selection of romantic stories in the gentle silence of the night.
- The Seven Love Bridges
Enjoy a breathtaking view only possible on the water, which is even better at night.
- Skinny Bridge
Sail under the iconic Skinny Bridge, an old wooden bridge with a special story
- Smallest House and Shortest Canal
See just how tight it can get in the labyrinth of canals.
- Floating Houseboats
Learn how it is to live on a houseboat, a traditional home for Amsterdammers.
Inclusions on the Private Night Canal Cruise in Amsterdam
- An experienced guide with a passion for the hidden and the romantic, who is also your captain.
- This is a private tour, with only you and the captain on board.
- Enjoy the night spectacle with a refreshing small bottle of Prosecco.
- Have a snack with your drink, featuring quality local cheese, grapes, and crackers.
- The roofs and windows can be taken off when the weather is good and closed when it rains, adapting our silent eco-friendly electric boat for all weather conditions.
- Blankets and heated seats so you can snuggle with your partner.
- Especially for winter, we have electric heating onboard that keeps you nicely warm.
Expand your Romantic Night Tour with our additional options such as:
- Bouquet of 11 red roses: €35,-
- A big bottle of Prosecco: €19,-
- 375ml Boucche Pere Et Fils – Cuvee Reservee brut: €35,- (big bottle is also possible)
- 375ml Veuve Cliquot Brut: €45,- (big bottle is also possible)
- Polaroid picture: €4,-
Details of the Romantic Night Canal Cruise in Amsterdam
- Duration: 50 min. For the best experience, we highly recommend extending to the Original private 90-minute tour, the top-rated experience by our guests.
- Language: English, Spanish, and Dutch. Please let us know which language you prefer when booking your tour.
- Meeting point: Herengracht 124
- Time Slots: Check the online calendar for up-to-date availabilities. Book quickly, as the night slots are limited and very popular! If not available always, contact us often we have more availability then seen in the calendar.
- Price: Available in the online calendar.
- Capacity: Following the most recent coronavirus safety procedures our tour allows for a maximum of 2 guests.
Do you still have questions? Click here to see our FAQ or to contact us directly.
What can you expect to see on the Night Canal Cruise Amsterdam?
The night canal cruise in Amsterdam is the perfect choice for those wishing to explore the city after a long and active day. The charming canal district completely transforms at night, with hundreds of lights outlining the bridges and street corners. This night canal cruise aims to show you the best views of Amsterdam and includes a selection of specially selected stories to bring them to life.
Choosing the night canal cruise of Amsterdam offered by Romantic Tour means you will get to hear stories that are not usually featured on other boat tours. This night canal cruise brings you straight to the Seven Bridges of Love and also brings you to the iconic Amstel river, which is where you can find the famous Skinny Bridge. At night, these bridges are outlined with hundreds of lights that make for the perfect picture to remember your journey. Of course, a visit to the canal district is not complete without going to the Famous canal girdle which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the district all Amsterdammers dream about to one day be able to move to.
If there is a special location that is on your bucket list in Amsterdam or you want to add something special, consider doing a 90-min night canal cruise which allows us to customize and offer the full experience.
Why do we offer a Night Canal Cruise of Amsterdam?
There are many companies that offer a night canal cruise of Amsterdam, but none do it as we do. We are the only company specializing in showing you the intimate side of the city by including specially selected stories that reflect the romantic background of the city. Your captain is an expert guide with years of experience in showing Amsterdam at its best!
During this night canal cruise, you will not only be given a perfect introduction to the places most worth visiting but you will also be fully immersed in the beauty of the nocturnal character of the city.
What is included on this Night Canal Cruise of Amsterdam?
What better way to enjoy Amsterdam at night than with a drink and a snack? This canal cruise features a small bottle of Prosecco and water as well as crackers, Dutch cheese and grapes. These are included in the price!
If you would like to add something special, this can also be arranged! Why not upgrade to a bottle of champagne, a big bottle of Prosecco/Cava, or a bouquet of 11 roses. When you book the ticket there is an option to add these extras. If you have a special request, consider doing the evening canal cruise of 90 min. For that tour, we can offer any personal requests.
When can you book a Night Canal Cruise in Amsterdam?
The night canal cruise of Amsterdam is bookable throughout the year. All available slots are visible on the calendar of our website. Feel free to book directly but if your desired time is not available always contact us: [email protected] and we do our best to arrange a tour at your desired time.
You might be surprised, but the night canal cruise is the perfect choice for winter! Although the sun sets early, and it is colder, this means Amsterdam’s city centre is usually quieter, so you have a longer time to enjoy the peace and serenity from the comfort of electrically heated seats. Consider extending this to 90 minutes for the ultimate experience! Read here more about the full 90 min evening canal cruise in Amsterdam.