A romantic tour where, through the five senses, you fall in love with Amsterdam.
A few highlights
On this Amsterdam sightseeing we will be passing beneath the famous seven bridges, as well as the bridge of love, captured by the painter Monet. You’ll find out why you must kiss your significant other under one bridge in particular, and learn about Rembrandt’s final expression of love. We’ll discover some of the quieter, hidden canals and sail past a spot from a famous romantic film. Listen to a story of undying hope, and find out why love happens in silence. Simply one of the best things to do for couples.
5 couples per tour (to keep it intimate and relaxed)
Meeting Point: Keizersgracht 177, (Amnesty International Nederland) look for a pink umbrella.
*Also available as a private tour and as a Tour to Propose to your loved one. Email us here for possibilities.
Discover the mystery, romance, and true magic of Amsterdam
One of the best things to do in Amsterdam is to end your day of sightseeing with an intimate journey of discovery along the canals. The cruise starts when the city winds down and reveals itself at its most alluring. This voyage is ideal for couples looking for a more personal way to visit Amsterdam than is possible with standard group tours.
Picture this: You and your partner snuggled together. The sound of water lapping softly against the sides of the boat as we drift beneath Amsterdam’s iconic bridges and past its magnificent 17th-century canal houses.
Against this picturesque backdrop, your guide introduces you and your small group of couples to the intimate side of the city. Sharing stories that speak to the heart: Tales of love, and details of the art and architecture that make Amsterdam such an open-air museum, brought to life with a carefully chosen selection of music.
The heart opens in silence, so you are journeying on a quiet, solar-powered boat that’s perfectly sized for the more private canals. With the setting sun or all the little city lights creating magical shimmers on the rippling water, your journey will draw to a graceful end. Leaving you and your partner set for cosy evening together. Would that not be one of the most Romantic things to do in Amsterdam?
On this romantic boat tour in Amsterdam, you enjoy:
- A liquid refreshment – your journey is accompanied by Prosecco, freshly pressed juice and a complimentary selection of teas.
- Delights for your tastebuds – including local cheese, olives, grapes and Dutch waffles.
- A small electric boat with a retractable roof and windows. In spring/summer and with nice weather, the boat is open. In autumn/winter or bad weather the boat can be fully covered.
- Blankets, so you can snuggle with your partner. And heated seats, so we can keep you warm and comfortable at any time.
- A near-silent solar-powered engine, ensuring that couples can converse normally.
- An LGBT-friendly tour.
- The group is up to 10 people or 5 couples. Expect to be sitting close together with other couples. We choose this to offer a personal and intimate experience.
- When only 2 people reserved, we might ask you to reschedule.
- This tour is offered in collaboration with Rederij Paping Tours
On February 14 we have a Special Valentine’s Day Tour
- What people say about the Romantic Waters tour
- “Such a great experience! Rocco is super nice and the trip is very romantic“
- “What a delightful, special and relaxing way to start off our trip.“
- “This was a terrific experience and probably our favorite of our entire honeymoon.”
- “I cannot recommend this enough. It’s perfect for couples. We did the night tour and it was fantastic.”
- “I loved this small boat tour of the canals of Amsterdam. It was able to go down canals that the larger boats cannot travel.”
- “A lovely cruise with a charming host. The food and drinks were very good.”